Finding the ideal wedding site didn’t appear to be that difficult, did it? You knew how many guests you were inviting, you had a firm budget in mind, and you’d even decided on a theme and colour scheme. Then you went on tour, and things didn’t seem to add up anymore. Unexpected expenditures and hidden service fees started showing up. Suddenly, you found yourself considerably over budget. Are you already feeling drained from your search?
Don’t worry, there are some fantastic wedding locations in Sydney and regional New South Wales. Whatever your wedding budget or style, you’ll be able to discover something that meets your needs. After you’ve gone over this useful checklist, sit back and relax while browsing our list of popular Sydney wedding venues.
What to think about while picking a wedding venue?
What you need to know about wedding venue operators is outlined below. They’ll try to upsell you on stuff you hadn’t considered before. It’s critical to find one that is straightforward and honest with its customers, with no hidden service fees or penalties. Here are the top three things to think about while selecting a wedding venue.
While Victoria is the most expensive state to say your “I Do’s,” with an average wedding venue costing at least $15, 580.
As many questions as possible and inquire about stuff like:
- Is the venue’s hire charge inclusive of in-house catering?
- Is there a DJ on staff?
- Will the venue take care of the decor, or will you have to hire your own crew?
- Is there a cancellation policy at the venue?
- Is it necessary to pay for visitor parking? How much does it cost for each vehicle?
10 Points to Consider When Looking for and Selecting a Sydney Wedding Venue
- Do you want your wedding ceremony and reception to take place in the same location? Or is it anything else?
- How many people do you want to attend your ceremony and reception? Will you have a separate guest list for the ceremony?
- Will you have a theme for your wedding? Rustic, glam, indoors, outdoors, vineyard, destination venue, beach, and so on are all possible themes.
- What is your financial plan? Will your parents or relatives be able to help you? Would you ask your guests to make a monetary donation instead of a gift?
- Make a list of dates that you can work with. Check with your VIP visitors to discover which dates they will be unable to attend.
- Are there any unique needs you have? Accessibility for visitors — for example, steps may be challenging for the elderly. Is there enough parking or access to public transportation?
- Do you have a contingency plan in case of bad weather? Is it possible to shift your ceremony/pre-dinner drinks to a different location if the weather isn’t cooperating?
- Contact a couple of wedding venues to determine if they are a good fit for your expected amount of guests, theme, and budget.
- Pay a visit to your favourite places. See if you can come on the morning of the wedding so you can see how beautiful the venue is. If you’d like, inquire about a menu tasting.
- Examine their agreement. Examine and confirm what is included in the bundle you have chosen. Entertainment, décor, and other amenities will be provided at some places. Others will allow you to use other vendors for this; cost this out as well and double-check your budget.
If these things are hard for you to accomplish, you can always hire an event organiser in Sydney to help you achieve the things you want and need.
What is the best way to choose between two wedding venues?
Let’s imagine you’ve cut down your alternatives and now have to choose between two venues. How do you choose between these two locations?
- Choose a place that is within your preferred wedding budget range.
- Choose a venue that will allow you to invite all of the people on your guest list.
- Choose a place that offers special deals and discounts.
- To make your planning easier, choose a venue with in-house alternatives.
Top 5 Most Amazing Wedding Venue Choices in Sydney
1. Prince Henry Centre
Photo by princehenrycentre.com.au
At the award-winning Prince Henry Centre, celebrate the most memorable day of your life with million-dollar ocean views in a unique setting right on the shores of Little Bay. This excellent wedding venue, designed with innovation and sustainability in mind and only 25 minutes drive from the CBD, boasts a variety of flexible spaces for up to 200 seated guests.
The award-winning Prince Henry Centre, located on the shores of Little Bay in Sydney’s Eastern Suburb, is the ideal location for an unforgettable wedding. The Prince Henry Centre, with its spectacular coastline views over the sandstone cliffs and out onto the Pacific Ocean, is the ideal location for a classic beach wedding. The ideal waterfront wedding venue is located on Coast Hospital Road in the beautiful Little Bay, 14 kilometres from Sydney’s CBD, and is only 25 minutes away by car.
2. Gledswood Homestead and Winery
Photo by Splendid Photography
Gledswood Homestead and Winery is a romantic and historic venue with a magnificent homestead (circa 1810) surrounded by elegant gardens and multiple function rooms that can accommodate up to 450 guests for weddings.
We offer a wide selection of weddings from the casual to the deliciously sophisticated. We are located in Gledswood Hills, in the Macarthur District of South Western Sydney. Our staff collaborates with you to make your dream wedding a reality.
Gledswood Homestead and Winery allow you to have your wedding ceremony and reception in the same place, with canape hour for guests providing the ideal opportunity for wedding party photography.
The land has several beautiful views for the ceremony; all you have to do is take a leisurely stroll around it to choose the best position for you.
3. The Langham, Sydney
Photo by Easy Weddings
A beautiful harbourside site with classic British luxury interiors and exceptional fine dining meals. The Langham, Sydney is committed to bringing together sophistication, style, and glamour in a single location. Choose between a private, intimate ceremony in The Drawing Room, a spectacular, grandiose wedding in The Ballroom, or a low-key gathering in The Harbour Room.
This venue is directly opposite the beautiful Observatory Hill, with uninterrupted views of the Harbour Bridge and stunning sunsets every evening, and is nestled in the quiet cobblestone streets of The Rocks.
When you enter this 5-star luxury hotel, you and your wedding guests will be swept into a realm of opulence. Each event room has been meticulously designed on the inside, and every member of the crew has been well trained. Langham, Sydney is more than just a hotel; it’s an experience that will linger long after your wedding day has passed.
The Langham in Sydney has two beautiful wedding venues that work well together. The first is a cosy and inviting Drawing Room, while the second is a large and elegant Ballroom. The smart wedding team is always on hand to help you find an event flow that is as fluid and stress-free as possible. They can be hired singly or together.
Stephen Lech, their Executive Chef, is ready to make your meal ideas come reality, from delicate canapes to beautiful multi-course bespoke feasts. Your wedding will be a once-in-a-lifetime celebration, genuinely stunning, with magnificent foods, your beloved loved ones, and this elegant venue.
Couples adore this hotel’s wedding venue because of its prime location. The location is rich in history and tranquillity and is located in Sydney’s oldest district, The Rocks. It allows you to take in the dazzling metropolis through floor-to-ceiling windows while remaining a world away from the CBD’s noise and activity. When it comes to premium city weddings, The Langham, Sydney has it all.
4. The Entertainment Grounds
Photo by Easy Weddings
The Entertainment Grounds, as the Central Coast’s premier events precinct, is the ideal location for your wedding, whether it’s a small intimate gathering or a large, lavish reception.
Through the floor to ceiling glass windows and a wide-open plan room with modern décor, guests may enjoy panoramic views of the racecourse and a gorgeous mountainous backdrop.
Couples from Sydney, Newcastle, and further afield are choosing The Entertainment Grounds not only for our state-of-the-art facilities but also for the convenience it provides for travelling guests.
Contact us to learn how our team of in-house chefs and event planners can customise a package to meet your specific needs and help you plan the ultimate Valentine’s Day celebration.
5. Pullman Magenta Shores Resort
This magnificent resort, set on 52 acres and nestled between the pristine waters of the Pacific Ocean and Tuggerah Lake, has been designed to complement its spectacular location, which features an amazing array of coastal flora and fauna.
On the Central Coast, the Pullman Magenta Shores Resort is the ideal location for celebrating your wedding with family and friends. Our lavishly outfitted event facilities include high ceilings and breathtaking views of the lake. The bulk of the event venues have plenty of natural light and terraces with breathtaking views of the golf course and lake.
Please do share this post if you find it helpful! Do you have other suggestions for the perfect wedding venue in Sydney? We’d be happy to hear about it down below.