The Intel Core i7-8700K outperforms its predecessor, the Kaby Lake i7-7700K, with base and boost clocks of 3.7GHz and 4.7GHz out of the box, respectively, thanks to its 6 cores and 12 threads. The i7-non-overclocked 8700’s counterpart, the i7-8700, has a higher TDP of 95W.
In order to find the best motherboards for the i7 8700k processor, we had extremely high standards that the motherboards had to meet or exceed before even being considered! To determine if the motherboard could handle the CPU, we looked at the slots, the memory, the speed, and the included chipset.
Because of its overclocking ability, the i7-8700K does not come with its own cooler. To ensure that it can handle a decent overclock, choose an all-in-one liquid cooling or a powerful air cooler. Also, make sure you have the right DDR4 memory; depending on your motherboard, you may be able to go much faster than Coffee Lake’s declared maximum of 2666MHz.
The products we recommend today are loved for all the right reasons as well as their cost, warranty, and customer reviews! Does that sound like the kind of motherboard you’re looking for? Here are some motherboards listed which are best for i7 8700K.
ASUS ROG Maximus X Code
- Robust durability with the ROG Armor Shield
- High-quality audio is produced by Sonic Studio III
- A Multicolor Rainbow Glows from RGB
- Multiple sources and sensors of temperature
- With MU-MIMO technology, you can have high-speed connectivity
GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS ULTRA
- Front USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-CTM Header Supports Intel® CoreTM 9th and 8th Generation Processors Dual Channel Non-ECC Unbuffered DDR4, 4 DIMMs
- Intel® Optane Memory Capable
- Support for Multi-Way Graphics, Dual Armor, and an Ultra DurableTM Design
- DrMOS 12+1 Phases Digital VRM Solution
MSI Performance GAMING Intel ATX
- Increased effectiveness
- Improved software
- Wi-Fi is built-in.
ASUS ROG Strix Z370-E
- Wi-Fi in the interior, two USB 3 ports, and a Type-C port
- It includes a detachable heatsink that can be used to cover an M.2 SSD.
- Unless the power is turned off, RGB is active 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- RGB can be tweaked using the ASUS Aura software.
MSI MEG Z390 GODLIKE
- I/O Shield Integrated
- Button for Gaming Boost
- Killer Wi-Fi is pre-installed.
- Dynamic Dashboard with Integrated OLED Display
- Infinity of Mystic Light (Customizable RGB Lighting)
- Support for Extreme Overclocking
MSI Z390-A PRO
- IAffordable – suitable for a wide range of budgets
- A variety of USB ports are available for charging and connecting other devices.
- DDR4 memory is supported, allowing for fast speeds and a large amount of storage space.
- Turbo M.2 PCI-e slots are installed, ensuring unrivaled performance.
ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero
- Reasonably priced – suitable for the majority of budgets
- Incredible cooling fans that keep you cool even when you’re overclocking!
- Safe Slots are installed, ensuring that your components are secure and suitable for heavyweight gaming.
- Easy to overclock – ideal for worry-free operation!
Asus ROG Maximus X Formula
- Does well with overclocking After BIOS flashing, the advanced cooling system
- supports the 9th generation.
Asus Prime Z370-A
- Lots of 16x PCIe ports
- Features Overclocking with auto-tuning capabilities
- This motherboard is an excellent buy for the price.