Superfoods are high-nutrient foods that provide high levels of vitamins and minerals. Superfoods can be a great addition to smoothies because they increase the nutritional content and deliver incredible flavours when combined with the right ingredients.
To make an great superfood smoothie, you need to know how to mix and combine your superfoods. It’s not as easy as just throwing all of the superfoods into a blender and hoping it works. Craft Smoothie selects the most delicious combinations of organic superfoods to compliment our fresh fruit- and vegetable-based smoothie recipes. These days you can have groceries delivered directly to your home so that you can make healthy smoothies at home.
Acai berries, rich in powerful antioxidants from Amazon rainforest, are a superfood legend. Acai has one the highest ORAC (Oxygen Radical Absorption Capacity) scores in the world, which means it can be used by the body effectively to prevent oxidation.
What are the health benefits associated with acai?
- It contains amino acids that support energy production, endurance, and strength
- High in essential fatty acid, which can help support a healthy heart
- Acai, one of the highest ORAC foods in the world, can prevent free radical damage from occurring and help reduce the appearance of ageing.
- Blueberries contain twice as much vitamin C, as well vitamins A, B1, and B2, as well as vitamins E, A, B3, and B3.
- Low in sugar, high in minerals like iron, calcium and magnesium, as well as zinc and copper
What ingredients are best paired with acai?
Combining cacao and acai in a banana smoothie can make a powerful antioxidant-rich blend. Add cashews to the mix for an additional source of healthy fat like cashews.
Matcha is a detoxifying superfood that’s packed with powerful antioxidants. It also has mood-enhancing and metabolism-boosting properties. Matcha is a superfood that boosts immunity, detoxifies, calms the mind, and improves concentration.
What health benefits does matcha have?
- Matcha is packed with antioxidants, which include the powerful antioxidant catechins. Catechin EGCg (epigallocatechin galate) has powerful cancer-fighting properties.
- Matcha is high in L-Theanine which has been proven to increase Alpha wave activity in the brain. This may promote relaxation and lower stress levels.
- Matcha, rich in chlorophyll and supporting detoxification, is also powerful.
What ingredients are best paired with matcha in smoothies
Matcha’s subtle sweetness makes it an excellent ingredient for smoothies. When blended with other superfoods such as ginger and super nuts or seeds, matcha adds a great energy boost to green smoothie recipes.
Camu camu is a superfood rich in vitamin C. Camu camu shrub’s cherry-like berries are found in Amazon rainforest. They are rising stars in superfood world due to their many health benefits.
What are the health benefits associated with camu camu?
- Camu camu, one of the richest sources of vitamin C in the world, has up to 60x more vitamin C than an Orange. This is good for the immune system.
- Camu camu’s powerful antioxidants, anti-viral abilities and immunomodulatory properties can help protect against diseases and promote the optimal functioning of the liver.
- Camu camu is a powerful anti-inflammatory agent that can provide pain relief and soothe inflammation related to inflammatory-related illnesses.
What ingredients are best paired with camu camu when making smoothies?
Camu camu, a superfood that is versatile and can be added to any smoothie for extra vitamin C. To give you the best defense against winter bugs, we love to include camu camu into our winter smoothies.